MRK Looking At Acquisitions to Boost Their Drug Business
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
According to reports from Bloomberg, Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK) said in an interview they plan on making acquisitions to boost their drug business. A look at some companies that MRK could acquire based on ongoning relationships or market chatter: Geron Corporation (Nasdaq: GERN), MRK owns stake; Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARNA) alliance with MRK; Vical Incorporated (Nasdaq: VICL) alliance with MRK; Orchid Cellmark Inc. (Nasdaq: ORCH) alliance with MRK; Atherogenics Inc. (Nasdaq: AGIX), BusinessWeek highlighted the stock as a takeover target for MRK; FoxHollow Technologies (Nasdaq: FOXH) agreement with MRK; DOV Pharmaceutical, Inc (Nasdaq: DOVP) agreement with MRK; Metabasis Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MBRX) agreement with MRK; XOMA Ltd. (Nasdaq: XOMA) agreement with MRK; Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ: VRTX) agreement with MRK; Allergan Inc. (NYSE: AGN) seen as takeover target in space; Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: MLNM) seen as takeover target in space; Cephalon (Nasdaq: CEPH) seen as takeover target in space. NOTE: The relationships mentioned above are based past news releases and disclosures from either company over the past 9 months and may not be ongoing.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Northern Oil And Gas (NOG) in Lead to Buy Stake in Comstock (CRK) Bakken Assets - sources - Reuters
- Apple (AAPL) Plans Physical Retail Presence in India, CEO Tim Cook Says - Source - Reuters
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Explored Wells Fargo (WFC) Custody Deal Before Fed Snub - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!