Bottom 10 S&P 500 Performers of 2014
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4; Fed maintains Treasury, MBS purchases but says moderation in pace may 'soon be warranted'
- Wall St extends gains following Fed statement
- Toast (TOST) IPO Opens Up 63%, Pushing Valuation to Nearly $33B
- Facebook (FB) Shares Hit After Warning on Impact of Apple's (AAPL) Privacy Changes
- Adobe (ADBE) Tops Q3 Estimates, After-Hours Move Lower in Shares Creates a Buying Opportunity Says Analyst
2014 was a great year for the S&P 500, with the index rising 13%. However, there were some notable loser stocks which vastly underperformed the market. Below we present the S&P 500 Top Ten Worst Performers of 2014 (subject to change given today is the last trading day). Not surprisingly, the list was dominated by energy and resource names. (The Top 10 Best Performer list is here)
- Transocean (NYSE: RIG) -62.8%
- Denbury Resources Inc. (NYSE: DNR) -52%
- Noble Corp (NYSE: NE) -49.1%
- Ensco plc (NYSE: ESV) -47.8%
- Avon Products (NYSE: AVP) -45.1%
- Genworth Financial (NYSE: GNW) -45%
- Freeport-McMoran (NYSE: FCX) -38.4%
- QEP Resources (NYSE: QEP) -36.4%
- Range Resources (NYSE: RRC) -36.3%
- Mattel Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) -35.1%
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Nasdaq Extends Decline, Down 2.5%, S&P 500 Down 2%
- Marin Software (MRIN) Surges 38% Following Pact with Google
- Lightspeed POS Inc. (LSPD) Gains on Toast IPO, Valuation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!