Oil Stocks Litter Top Performing S&P 500 List
- Nasdaq, S&P 500, set records as jobless claims decline
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises over 1% as Mideast tensions face virus concerns
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) 'Scores' with $2 Billion Deal to Acquire theScore (SCR), Seen as 'Highly Strategic'
- Uber (UBER) Beats Estimates As Higher Labor Spend Drags on Profitability, Analysts Lower PTs but Remain Bullish
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nine of the ten best-performing stocks in the S&P 500 over the past five sessions are oil-related names.
Gains come as oil hit a two-year high above $72 for the first time since 2019, given supply discipline from OPEC+ and as economies around the world come back online following the coronavirus pandemic.
5-Day % Move:
- Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN) +18%
- Marathon Oil (NYSE: MRO) +16%
- Occidental Petroleum (NYSE: OXY) +15.8%
- Schlumberger Ltd. (NYSE: SLB) +15.8%
- APA Corporation (NASDAQ: APA) +13.6%
- Pioneer Natural Resources (NYSE: PXD) +13.2%
- Halliburton (NYSE: HAL) +10.9%
- Diamondback Energy (NASDAQ: FANG) +10.5%
- NOV Inc (NYSE: NOV) +10%
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Devon Energy (DVN) Tops Q1 EPS by 11c
- Robinhood (HOOD) Halted on LUDP, Up 40.17%
- Moderna (MRNA) Quickly Climbs 5%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, OPEC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!