Oil Stocks Litter Top Performing S&P 500 List
- Wall Street closes mixed, S&P 500 ends off record high
- Private Sector Employment Increased by 330,000 Jobs in July, Missing Expectations
- General Motors (GM) Misses on Profit Estimates as Bolt EV Recall Weighs on Earnings, Challenging Chip Situation and 'Cautious' Profit Outlook Pulling Shares Lower Says Analyst
- Exclusive-U.S. developing plan to require foreign visitors to be vaccinated -official
- Softbank-Backed Zymergen (ZY) Crashes Over 70% as CEO Departs, Product Revenue Not Possible in 2021 and 'Immaterial' in 2022, At Least 6 Firms Downgrade
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Nine of the ten best-performing stocks in the S&P 500 over the past five sessions are oil-related names.
Gains come as oil hit a two-year high above $72 for the first time since 2019, given supply discipline from OPEC+ and as economies around the world come back online following the coronavirus pandemic.
5-Day % Move:
- Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN) +18%
- Marathon Oil (NYSE: MRO) +16%
- Occidental Petroleum (NYSE: OXY) +15.8%
- Schlumberger Ltd. (NYSE: SLB) +15.8%
- APA Corporation (NASDAQ: APA) +13.6%
- Pioneer Natural Resources (NYSE: PXD) +13.2%
- Halliburton (NYSE: HAL) +10.9%
- Diamondback Energy (NASDAQ: FANG) +10.5%
- NOV Inc (NYSE: NOV) +10%
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Devon Energy (DVN) Declares $0.49 Quarterly Dividend; 7.5% Yield
- BeyondSpring Inc. (BYSI) PT Raised to $95 at Evercore ISI
- Companies with NDRs 8/04
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, OPEC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!