Muddy Waters is Short JOYY (YY)
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 18, 2020 2:02 PM EST)
Muddy Waters said it is short JOYY (NASDAQ: YY), calls it fraudulent. Muddy Water's Carson Block said much of the revenue is fake. 90% of YY Live revenue is fake, 80% of Bigo is fake, they said. Further, they said the cash balances are likely overstated.
Update: Short discussed on ZerosTV.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Thrasio in talks to merge with Michael Kline SPAC, Churchill Capital Corp V (CCV) - Bloomberg
- Vaxart (VXRT) Surges 25% on New Buy Rating
- Medallia (MDLA) Was Highlighted as a Takeover Target in April at Stifel, Along With These Other 4 Stocks
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMuddy Waters LLC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!