Warner Bros Discovery shareholder Harris Associates says open to revised Paramount bid

December 18, 2025 8:04 PM EST

FILE PHOTO: A drone view shows The Warner Bros. studio lot in Burbank, California, U.S., December 8, 2025. REUTERS/Mike Blake/File Photo

Dec 18 (Reuters) - Harris ⁠Associates, the ⁠fifth ‍largest shareholder in Warner Bros Discovery, said on Thursday it would be "very open" ‍to a revised offer from Paramount Skydance if ​the company presents a superior bid and addresses issues ​with deal terms.

Warner Bros Discovery's board rejected Paramount Skydance's $108.4 billion hostile takeover bid earlier this week, calling the offer "illusory" as ​it accused the studio giant of misleading shareholders about its financing.

Alex Fitch, portfolio manager ​at Harris Associates, which owns about a 3.9% stake in Warner Bros ‌Discovery, said in an email to Reuters that "as things stand today, we think ​the Netflix and Paramount offers ⁠are comparable on value but that the Netflix offer is superior on deal ‌terms."

"The good news is that the concerns on deal terms seem entirely addressable. If Paramount decides to come ‌forward with superior financial consideration and properly addresses the issues ‌with deal terms, we would be very open to a revised Paramount offer. The ball is in their court," Fitch ‍added.

Paramount and Netflix have been in a race to win control of Warner ⁠Bros' prized film and television studios, HBO Max streaming service and franchises like "Harry Potter."

(Reporting by Saeed Azhar in New York and Angela Christy in Bengaluru; Editing by Alan Barona)



Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!

You May Also Be Interested In





Related Categories

Reuters