US Treasury Secretary Bessent says framework of deal on TikTok reached

September 15, 2025 9:00 AM EDT

A general view of the offices of TikTok, as the site faces an April 5 deadline to reach a deal to find a non-Chinese buyer under threat of being banned from the United States, in Culver City, California, U.S., April 2, 2025. REUTERS/Daniel Cole

(This story has been corrected to change Scott Bessent's title to Treasury Secretary, from Trade Secretary, in the headline)

MADRID (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said on Monday that a framework for a deal on TikTok had been reached in trade talks with the Chinese in Madrid, that would pave the way for a switch to US ownership.

Bessent said further details would wait to be determined in a meeting between U.S. President Donald Trump and Chinese Premier Xi Jinping when they speak on Friday.

(Reporting by David Lawder, Pietro Lombardi, Writing by Inti Landauro)



Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!

You May Also Be Interested In





Related Categories

Reuters

Related Entities

Donald J. Trump