UK police make third arrest over attempted arson at London synagogue

May 7, 2026 8:01 AM EDT

Members of the forensics team handle a bottle as they work at the scene of a suspected arson attack on a former synagogue in London, Britain May 5, 2026. REUTERS/Jack Taylor

LONDON, May ‌7 (Reuters) - British ​counter-terrorism ​police have arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with ‌an attempted arson attack on a ⁠synagogue in north London last month, ‌marking the third arrest ‌in the investigation, the force said on Thursday.

The man was arrested ​on suspicion of attempted arson and remains in custody, police ⁠said. The investigation relates to an incident in the ​early hours of April 15 at a synagogue in Finchley, ​north London, in which ‌no damage was caused and no injuries were reported.

A ⁠38-year-old woman and a 46-year-old man were arrested on the day of ⁠the attack on suspicion of arson endangering ​life. Both have since been released on bail until July.

Police said the inquiry is ‌being led by Counter Terrorism Policing London and forms ‌part of a wider set ⁠of investigations into ‌recent arson ​attacks across the capital.

(Reporting by Sam Tabahriti; editing by William ‌James)



Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!

You May Also Be Interested In





Related Categories

Reuters