Trump says he is suing Perkins Coie law firm
U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a swearing-in ceremony for the Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Paul Atkins at the White House in Washington, D.C., U.S., April 22, 2025. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he was suing Perkins Coie law firm for "egregious and unlawful acts" and cited the conduct of an unidentified member of the firm.
Trump did not elaborate in his Truth Social post. Trump issued an executive order last month that calls to terminate federal contracts held by Perkins Coie's clients if the firm performed any work on them. Perkins Coie sued Trump's administration in response, arguing the president's order violated constitutional protections.
(Reporting by Doina Chiacu; Editing by Katharine Jackson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stripe’s OpenRouter deal signals a new race to control AI economics
- Crypto stocks continue rallying as Bitcoin extends gains on regulation push
- U.S. debt tops $40 trillion
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
General News, ReutersRelated Entities
Donald J. TrumpSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share