Trump says ballroom's scheduled opening will be around September 2028
Construction continues on the planned White House ballroom in the area of the former East Wing in Washington, D.C., U.S., May 14, 2026. REUTERS/Evelyn Hockstein TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY
May 15 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday the scheduled opening of his planned ballroom would be around September 2028.
"It’s under construction, ahead of schedule, and will be the finest facility of its kind anywhere in the U.S.A.," he said in a post on Truth Social.
Last week, Trump defended the rising cost estimates for his planned ballroom, saying the cost of the massive building on the White House complex would still be less than $400 million.
(Reporting by Angela Christy in Bengaluru; Editing by Alison Williams)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. debt tops $40 trillion
- Boeing white-collar union contract vote results expected today
- French, British, German leaders to co-chair meeting on Ukraine on Monday
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersRelated Entities
Donald J. TrumpSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share