Trump says 'Board of Peace' reaches Gaza disarmament deal

July 30, 2026 6:38 PM EDT

FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump points his finger towards Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a press conference after meeting at Trump?s Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida, U.S., December 29, 2025. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst/File Pho

July 30 (Reuters) - U.S. ‌President Donald ​Trump ​said on Thursday his so-called "Board of Peace" reached an agreement for the complete ‌disarmament of Palestinian Hamas militants and other armed ⁠groups in Gaza.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump ‌cast it as a "major ‌milestone in the implementation of the Trump 20-Point Plan" to end Israel's war in Gaza.

Trump ​said the deal would be carried out in phases, with Israeli forces withdrawing as disarmament ⁠proceeds and an International Stabilization Force working with a new Palestinian ​police force to secure the enclave.

He thanked mediators Egypt, Qatar and Turkey.

"This agreement is ​a critical step towards Gaza ‌finally being governed by a new Palestinian government that will work closely ⁠with the Board of Peace to help the Palestinian people," Trump said.

"At the same time, Israel will have ⁠the security it deserves," Trump added.

Earlier in the day, ​sources said that talks between mediators and Hamas leaders in Cairo on implementing a U.S.-brokered Gaza peace plan made ‌rare progress although an Israeli official said proposed terms were not satisfactory.

Israeli strikes ‌killed at least six Palestinians in Gaza on ⁠Thursday, including two ‌children, medics said.

(Reporting ​by Daphne Psaledakis in Washington and Ryan Patrick Jones in Toronto; Editing by Kanishka ‌Singh)



Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!

You May Also Be Interested In





Related Categories

Reuters