Russian missile attack kills Ukrainian servicemen in training
KYIV (Reuters) -A Russian missile attack on a Ukrainian military shooting range killed six servicemen and wounded at least 10 more during training on Tuesday, Ukraine's national guard said on Wednesday, adding that the commander of the unit had been suspended.
Russia's defence ministry had said on Tuesday that the missile attack on the training camp in the Sumy region in northeastern Ukraine near the Russian border killed up to 70 Ukrainian service members, including 20 instructors.
The Ukrainian national guard statement said an internal investigation was underway and the necessary information was shared with law enforcement agencies.
"The investigation will provide a legal assessment of the actions of all persons who made the relevant decisions," it said about the attack on the military unit's shooting range.
After previous deadly strikes on military training camps, Ukraine launched investigations into possible negligence.
During more than three years of Russia's full-scale invasion, Moscow's forces have inflicted casualties in attacks on Ukrainian military educational institutions and various formal outdoor gatherings.
(Reporting by Anastasiia Malenko; Editing by Jamie Freed and Philippa Fletcher)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- US employer healthcare costs set to rise 9.5% in 2027, Aon says
- Putin visits newly unearthed remains of medieval Russian prince
- Exclusive-Trump administration to back US minerals projects with $500 million in grants
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share