Rubio says the Ukraine peace proposal was authored by the US
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio speaks to journalists at the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport after the G7 foreign ministers meeting, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, November 12, 2025. Mandel Ngan/Pool via REUTERS
(Reuters) -U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said on Saturday that the 28-point proposal for peace in Ukraine that emerged this week was authored by Washington, despite what a handful of senators said.
"It is offered as a strong framework for ongoing negotiations," Rubio posted on X. "It is based on input from the Russian side. But it is also based on previous and ongoing input from Ukraine."
Senator Mike Rounds, a Republican, told reporters at a conference in Halifax earlier on Saturday that Rubio had called him and other senators and said it was a proposal that the U.S. had received and passed on to Ukraine. "He made it very clear to us that we are the recipients of a proposal that was delivered to one of our representatives," Rounds said. "It is not our recommendation, it is not our plan."
(Reporting by Timothy Gardner and Ismail Shakil; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Romania adopts new measures to boost Danube waters to cool Cernavoda nuclear plant
- Imran Khan's party seeks contempt action over jailed leader's hospital move
- Iran grants permission for a number of Iraqi oil tankers to pass through Hormuz
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share