Robinhood plans confidential IPO filing as soon as March: Bloomberg News
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
FILE PHOTO: The Robinhood App is displayed on a screen in this photo illustration January 29, 2021. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid/Illustration
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Online brokerage Robinhood, at the centre of this year's retail trading frenzy, is planning to file confidentially for an initial public offering as soon as March, Bloomberg News reported late on Friday, citing sources.
The California-based brokerage has held talks in the past week with underwriters about moving forward with a filing within weeks, Bloomberg said.
Robinhood did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Reuters reported last year that Robinhood has picked Goldman Sachs Group Inc to lead preparations for an initial public offering which could value it at more than $20 billion.
Robinhood was at the heart of a mania that gripped retail investors in late January following calls on Reddit thread WallStreetBets to trade certain stocks that were being heavily shorted by hedge funds.
The online brokerage tapped around $3.4 billion in funding after its finances were strained due to the massive trading in shares of companies such as GameStop Corp.
(Reporting by Ann Maria Shibu in Bengaluru; editing by Richard Pullin)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Recursion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (RXRX) IPO Opens 67% Higher
- Daughter of jailed Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny says he needs a doctor
- Recursion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (RXRX) Prices 24.24M Share IPO at $18/Sh