Paramount will not close Warner Bros deal before July 22 amid Oregon probe
Attorney General of Oregon Dan Rayfield looks on outside the U.S. Supreme Court, as its justices are set to hear oral arguments on U.S. President Donald Trump's bid to preserve sweeping tariffs after lower courts ruled that Trump overstepped his authority
By Jody Godoy
July 8 (Reuters) - Paramount has said it will not close its $110 billion acquisition of Warner Bros before July 22, the Oregon attorney general's office said, pushing out the timeline for the deal's closure by an additional week.
Oregon Attorney General Dan Rayfield's office is asking a court in Multnomah County on Wednesday to order the company to hand over records and delay the deal by 60 days so the state can review them.
Paramount had previously told Oregon that it would not close the deal before July 16, Rayfield's office said. At a preliminary hearing on the state's request on Wednesday, the company amended that timeline, his office said.
(Reporting by Jody Godoy; Editing by Nia Williams and Edmund Klamann)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eric Trump-backed Space-Eyes to appoint ex-Delta Force officer and ex-banker, sources say
- Five killed, 52 wounded in Russian strike on Ukraine's Kryvyi Rih
- Apple paid 40% of its global taxes to Ireland in last fiscal year
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersRelated Entities
Definitive AgreementSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share