Odebrecht's construction unit and bondholders agree to 55% discount: statement
FILE PHOTO: The corporate logo of the Odebrecht SA construction conglomerate is pictured at its headquarters in Sao Paulo, Brazil, July 29, 2019. REUTERS/Amanda Perobelli
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Odebrecht's construction unit OEC has signed an agreement with bondholders to restructure its debt at a 55% discount, cutting it from $3.2 billion to $1.4 billion, the conglomerate said in a statement on Friday.
The bonds, which matured and were unpaid earlier this year, will have new 4-1/2-year maturities. The agreement concludes the out-of-court restructuring of Odebrecht's construction unit. Brazilian newspaper Valor Economico first reported on the signing of the agreement.
The Odebrecht conglomerate was one of the main targets in Brazil's widest-ever corruption probe and filed for bankruptcy protection in June.
(Reporting by Tatiana Bautzer; Editing by Tom Brown)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oil falls 1% ahead of US announcement to impose further sanctions on Iran
- Commerzbank chair calls for review of German takeover rules after UniCredit bid
- Syria, Israel hold US-mediated talks to ease tensions, Syria news agency says
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersRelated Entities
Second Curve Capital, BankruptcySign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share