Mexico at no risk of US military intervention, Sheinbaum says
Mexico's President Claudia Sheinbaum addresses the media at the National Palace, in Mexico City, Mexico June 11, 2025. REUTERS/Raquel Cunha/File Photo
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) -Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum on Friday said that members of the U.S. military would not be entering Mexican territory after a news report that Washington may take such action to combat drug cartels.
Earlier on Friday, The New York Times reported that U.S. President Donald Trump had signed a directive to the Pentagon to begin using military force against certain Latin American drug cartels.
Sheinbaum said her government had been informed of a coming order but that it had nothing to do with the U.S. military operating on Mexican soil.
(Reporting by Mexico newsroom; Writing by Brendan O'Boyle; Editing by Kylie Madry)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. debt tops $40 trillion
- Motor racing-Milei puts himself in the driver's seat to bring F1 back to Argentina
- Putin will draft 300,000 new troops after September elections, Zelenskiy says
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersRelated Entities
Donald J. TrumpSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share