Members of leading Syrian Kurdish authorities not asked to national dialogue
QAMISHLI, Syria (Reuters) - Members of the Kurdish-run autonomous administration in northeast Syria and of the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces did not receive invitations to a national dialogue set to take place in Damascus on Tuesday, officials said.
Farhad Shami, a spokesperson for the Syrian Democratic Forces, and Ilham Ahmad, a senior official from the autonomous administration, told Reuters on Monday that no members of their respective organisations had been invited to the conference.
(Reporting by Orhan Qereman; Writing by Maya Gebeily; Editing by Andrew Cawthorne)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations
- Pentagon fires US military newspaper leadership
- US Postal Service issues rules to tighten mail-in voting if court gives OK
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share