Iran's vice president says it won't waver from its nuclear programme

September 25, 2025 11:19 AM EDT

Mohammad Eslami, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI), attends a session of the World Atomic Week international forum, an event dedicated to the global nuclear industry and related sectors, in Moscow, Russia, September 25, 2025. REUTERS/E

MOSCOW (Reuters) -Iranian Vice President Mohammad Eslami said on Thursday that Tehran would continue to pursue its nuclear programme, which he said was open to international scrutiny.

"Iran's path and the Iranian programme are completely transparent, and we will not deviate from it. You know that the most stringent inspections are conducted in Iran," Eslami, who is also Iran's nuclear chief, said via a translator.

He was addressing a nuclear forum in Moscow.

Russia has close ties with Iran and supports its right to peaceful nuclear energy. Moscow condemned attacks on Iranian nuclear sites by Israel and the U.S. earlier this year.

Western governments accuse Iran of seeking to develop a nuclear bomb, which Tehran denies.

(Reporting by Dmitry Antonov and Anastasia Lyrchikova; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)



Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!

You May Also Be Interested In





Related Categories

Reuters