Iranian attacks on civilians won't go unanswered, CENTCOM commander says
U.S. Navy Admiral Brad Cooper, commander of U.S. Central Command, makes an announcement aboard Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in the Arabian Sea February 7, 2026. U.S. Navy/Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Sonny Escalante/Handou
March 6 (Reuters) - The United States will respond to Iranian attacks on civilians throughout the Middle East, the leader of the U.S. Central Command, Brad Cooper, said on Friday.
Cooper said that Iran has attacked 12 different countries since the U.S. and Israel launched strikes on the Islamic Republic last week, including firing seven attack drones at civilian, residential neighborhoods in Bahrain on Thursday night.
"This is unacceptable and will not go unanswered," Cooper said in a statement.
(Reporting by Bhargav Acharya and Ryan Patrick Jones in TorontoEditing by David Ljunggren)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Analysis-Trump heads into midterms short on foreign policy wins
- Texas seeks federal probe of airport washing facilities, Muslim group denounces move
- Pentagon fires US military newspaper leadership
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share