Guantanamo detainee arrives back in Saudi Arabia: state media
DUBAI (Reuters) - A Saudi citizen who had been held in the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay arrived back in the kingdom on Thursday, state news agency SPA reported.
"As part of efforts to return Saudis detained outside the kingdom, by the grace of God almighty, the citizen Jubran bin Saad bin Waza al-Qahtani was returned from Guantanamo Bay and arrived in the kingdom on Thursday evening," a statement quoting an interior ministry spokesman said.
President Barack Obama has been seeking to shrink the inmate population at the prison on Cuba before he leaves office on Friday.
(Reporting by Noah Browning and Ahmed Tolba; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations
- US appeals court throws out California, Giffords 'ghost guns' challenge
- Trump says he did not direct Bessent to intervene in bond market
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersRelated Entities
Barack ObamaSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share