Gaza's Rafah border crossing will remain closed through Wednesday, Israel says
Trucks carrying aid bound for Gaza cross the border crossing between Egypt and the Gaza Strip, after a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in Gaza went into effect, in Rafah, Egypt, October 12, 2025. REUTERS/Stringer
JERUSALEM (Reuters) -The Rafah border crossing between Gaza and Egypt will stay closed through Wednesday and the flow of aid into the Palestinian enclave will be reduced, three Israeli officials said on Tuesday.
The decision came after Palestinian militant group Hamas did not hand over bodies of hostages it is holding as part of the new U.S.-brokered ceasefire deal, the officials said, without elaborating on how long the move would last.
Hamas previously indicated that recovering the bodies of some dead hostages may take longer, as not all burial sites amid the widespread rubble of Gaza are known.
(Reporting by Maayan Lubell; writing by Jaidaa Taha; editing by Mark Heinrich)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- From science fair to strategic showcase: a decade of China’s robot games
- US Army Secretary Driscoll is expected to step down by year's end, WSJ reports
- Trump says he did not direct Bessent to intervene in bond market
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share