Ford to recall more than 255,400 US vehicles over engine issue
FILE PHOTO: A Ford logo on a pickup truck for sale in Encinitas, California, U.S. October 20, 2025. REUTERS/Mike Blake/File Photo
June 12 (Reuters) - Ford is recalling 255,404 vehicles in the U.S. over an issue with the canister purge valve, which may malfunction, causing the engine to stall unexpectedly while driving, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said on Friday.
The recall affects certain 2012-2018 Focus vehicles which were previously repaired incorrectly, the regulator said.
The dealers will update the powertrain control module doftware free of charge, as per NHTSA.
The regulator said the affected vehicles may be identified with an illuminated malfunction indicator light or customers may observe inaccurate fuel gauge indication.
(Reporting by Angela Christy in Bengaluru; Editing by Rashmi Aich and Mrigank Dhaniwala)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Liberia's former vice president charged in transnational narcotics investigation, government says
- DOJ argues Comey novel shows he knew ‘86 47’ post was a threat against Trump
- Exclusive-Mossad director, Syria foreign minister discussed Turkish military deployments before strikes, sources say
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share