Emergency crews complete work after mass Kyiv attack, 25 dead
Fire and smoke rise in the city after Russian drone and missile strikes, amid Russia's attack on Ukraine, in Kyiv, Ukraine August 28, 2025. REUTERS/Vladyslav Sodel
(Reuters) -Emergency crews on Friday completed rescue operations in the aftermath of a Russian drone and missile attack on the Ukrainian capital Kyiv, as authorities revised the death toll up to 25.
The DSNS state emergency service posted photos on its Telegram channel of damaged sites in the capital during the attack, which occurred early on Thursday.
It said 22 of those killed, including four children, had been residents of an apartment building destroyed in the city's eastern Darnytskyi district.
Emergency crews were dispatched to 19 sites in six city districts and assistance extended to 312 residents, the DSNS said.
President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on Thursday the strike, which damaged the offices of the European Union and British Council, was the second-largest attack since Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.
(Reporting by Ron Popeski; Editing by Nia Williams)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lula retains lead over Flavio Bolsonaro ahead of Brazil election, Datafolha shows
- OpenAI cuts developer pricing for frontier GPT-5.6 Sol model by more than 20%
- Explainer-What we know about the door handles that triggered China’s record auto recall
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share