Cargo operations resume at Port of Los Angeles
(Reuters) - Port of Los Angeles said cargo operations have resumed following last week's fire after a tractor trailer carrying lithium batteries overturned at the Terminal Island.
"Port of Los Angeles terminals that were closed as a result of the accident are expected to safely resume full operations Saturday (Sept. 28)," the Port of Los Angeles said in a statement on social media platform X.
Roadways including the Vincent Thomas Bridge and Seaside Avenue were open and cargo operations resumed after multiple agencies relocated the trailer to a safe location to burn itself out, the Port said.
Operations at Port of Los Angeles had suffered disruptions due to the fire near Ocean & Navy Way on Terminal Island on Thursday, leading to the closure of APM Terminals, Fenix Marine, Everport, and Yusen Terminals.
(Reporting by Rahul Paswan in Bengaluru; Editing by Ros Russell)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- EU sees Iceland vote as potential boost for enlargement optics
- Chip designer Velaura AI valued at more than $1 billion after funding round
- Comcast expands Xfinity security offerings to deepen broadband customer ties
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share