Boeing says will forego further challenges to Northrop bomber deal
Visitors talk outside a Boeing booth during the opening day of the Singapore Airshow at Changi Exhibition Center February 16, 2016. REUTERS/Edgar Su
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Boeing Co on Friday said it would forego any further challenges to an estimated $80 billion U.S. Air Force bomber contract awarded to Northrop Grumman Corp last year.
The decision came after the U.S. Government Accountability Office last week rejected a formal protest filed by Boeing and its key supplier, Lockheed Martin Corp.
"While we remain firmly convinced of the validity of the issues raised in our protest to the Government Accountability Office of the Long Range Strike-Bomber contract award to Northrop Grumman, the Boeing-Lockheed Martin team has decided not to pursue further challenges to that award, either through the GAO or in federal court," the company said in a statement.
(Reporting by Andrea Shalal; Editing by Tom Brown)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vatican to build €100 million renewable energy plant, sources say
- Analysis-Trump heads into midterms short on foreign policy wins
- US Treasury Secretary Bessent to hold press conference on Monday
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersRelated Entities
Second Curve CapitalSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share