BYD launches new open-source EV product platform
- Wall Street ends with broad sell-off on spiking inflation fears
- Fed Has Already Changed its Policy Due to Inflation, Market Gambling Fears - Dick Bove
- U.S. consumer prices post largest gain since 2009 as inflation ramps up
- Bill Ackman said has he been working on a transaction for Pershing Square Tontine (PSTH) for months
- Silvergate Capital (SI) to be the Exclusive Issuer of U.S. Dollar Backed Stablecoins by Diem (FB)
People visit the BYD booth during a media day for the Auto Shanghai show in Shanghai, China April 19, 2021. REUTERS/Aly Song
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China's electric vehicle (EV) maker BYD launched a new product platform which will be open to other automakers, its chairman Wang Chuanfu said on Monday.
Wang was speaking at 2021 Shanghai Auto Show. BYD, which is backed by U.S. investor Warren Buffett, developed electric models with Daimler AG, Toyota Motor Corp and Didi Chuxing.
BYD's rival automaker Geely last year launched an open source platform for other companies.
(Reporting by Yilei Sun and Norihiko Shirouzu, editing by Louise Heavens)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hedge funds bet on subscription-based businesses, pharmacy and copper
- Colonial pipeline hackers claim breach of 3 more companies
- Facebook-backed crypto project Diem to launch U.S. stablecoin in major shift
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesWarren Buffett
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!