Australian Star Entertainment's Gold Coast casino chief exits
FILE PHOTO: Star Entertainment logo is seen in this illustration taken, April 23, 2024. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration/File Photo
(Reuters) - Embattled Australian casino operator Star Entertainment on Friday said the CEO of its Star Gold Coast casino has resigned just three months into the job and days after the casino's license suspension was extended until March.
Mark Mackay was appointed as the chief executive officer of Queensland-based Star Gold Coast in September to implement regulatory reforms that would help lift the suspension of the casino's license, which was earlier set to expire on Dec. 20.
Last week, Star Entertainment said that Queensland's attorney general had extended the suspension of Star Gold Coast casino's license until the end of March next year. The term of the regulator-appointed special manager, who oversees Gold Coast's operations, was also extended to the end of June next year.
Mackay's predecessor, Jessica Mellor announced her exit in mid-April amid an exodus of the casino operator's top officials as it faced a second inquiry into its Sydney operations.
(Reporting by Sherin Sunny in Bengaluru; Editing by Abinaya Vijayaraghavan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Russia designates independent Mediazona news outlet as 'foreign agent'
- Apple paid 40% of its global taxes to Ireland in last fiscal year
- Euro zone consumer confidence rises to -15.5 in August
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share