At least 25 killed after a passenger bus overturns in Algeria

July 31, 2026 7:45 AM EDT

TUNIS, ‌July 31 (Reuters) - ​At ​least 25 people ‌were killed and ⁠44 injured on ‌Friday, after a ‌passenger bus overturned in Algeria's ​Boumerdès governorate, the ⁠Civil Protection agency said.

The ​Civil Protection agency said the injured ​were being ‌evacuated to nearby hospitals.

Ennahar ⁠TV reported that Prime Minister ⁠Sifi Ghrieb arrived ​at the University Hospital of Boumerdès where ‌some of those injured ‌had been ⁠taken.

(Reporting ‌By Tarek ​Amara; Editing by Alex ‌Richardson)



Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!

You May Also Be Interested In





Related Categories

Reuters