The United States Beef Supply Chain: Issues and Challenges
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Alaska Airlines (ALK) to acquire Hawaiian Holdings (HA)
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) July 06, 2022
In the 2022 AAEA Annual Meeting session "Issues and Challenges with the Beef Supply Chain" authors discuss how the Agricultural & Food Policy Center (AFPC) at Texas A&M University recently released a book titled The U.S. Beef Supply Chain: Issues and Challenges. This book was the culmination of a study on cattle markets initiated at the request of the bi-partisan leadership of the House Agriculture Committee in the 116th Congress and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Since release of the book, the market has continued to evolve and additional policy proposals have been put on the table. The purpose of this session is to provide an overview and update on many of the topics covered in the book.
Presentations in this session:
- Update on Policy Issues Impacting Beef Markets
- Overview of Cattle and Beef Prices During COVID-19 Recovery
- Latest on Industry-Led Negotiated Cash Trade Targets
- Packing Capacity Dynamics in the Beef Sector
Presented by: Charles Martinez
This session will take place on August 2, 2022 at 4:45 pm 6:15 pm Pacific in the room Grand Ballroom H at the Marriott Anaheim and virtual.
If you are interested in attending the 2022 AAEA Annual Meeting in Anaheim, CA, please send a completed c omplimentary media registration to Allison Ware in the AAEA Business Office. You can also learn more on our Annual Meeting Media Kit page. All registrants will have full access to all session's virtual component.
ABOUT AAEA: Established in 1910, the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is the leading professional association for agricultural and applied economists, with 2,500 members in more than 60 countries. Members of the AAEA work in academic or government institutions as well as in industry and not-for-profit organizations, and engage in a variety of research, teaching, and outreach activities in the areas of agriculture, the environment, food, health, and international development. The AAEA publishes three journals, the Journal of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (an open access journal), the American Journal of Agricultural Economics and Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, as well as the online magazine Choices and the online open access publication series Applied Economics Teaching Resources. To learn more, visit http://www.aaea.org.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- COP28: TotalEnergies Backs the World Bank’s Global Flaring and Methane Reduction Trust Fund
- Fifth World Media Summit Opening Ceremony Unveils in S. China Guangzhou
- Xinhua News Agency President Fu Hua Delivers Key-note Speech at 5th World Media Summit (WMS)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!