Land Use and Emerging Policy Challenges: Impacts on Society
- S&P 500 and Nasdaq notch highest closes since early 2022
- U.S. economy adds 199,000 jobs in November
- Fed should 'lowball' rate cuts expectations next week says analyst after strong jobs data
- Bernstein's best idea for 2024? Short Tesla stock
- Analysts defend Broadcom as annual guidance falls short after FQ4 earnings beat
MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) December 20, 2021
Land use and land use changes have foundational impacts on our society as land directly affects our living space, environmental quality, and essential supplies of water, food, fiber, and energy. Market outcomes of land uses have often meant excessive land exploitation of land and unbalanced land allocation among different uses.
In the AAEA session taking place at 2022 ASSA, "Land Use and Emerging Policy Challenges," the presenters investigate some emerging challenges in policy design aimed at addressing such suboptimality, specifically, what policy options are available, how to assess the intended and unintended consequences of these options.
Land Use and Water Quality Impacts of Expanding the Conservation Reserve Program: An Analysis of Rejected CRP Offers
- Andrew Rosenberg, USDA Economic Research Service
- Bryan Pratt, USDA Economic Research Service
- David Arnold, USDA Economic Research Service
- Yuelu Xu, West Virginia University
- Levan Elbakidze, West Virginia University
- Xiaoli Etienne, University of Idaho
- Grace Wu, University of California-Santa Barbara
- Justin Baker, North Carolina State University
- Gordon McCord, University of California-San Diego
- Christopher Wade, TRIU International
- Ruiqing Miao, Auburn University
- Hongli Feng, Iowa State University
- David Hennessy, Michigan State University
- Gaurav Arora, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology-Delhi
If you are interested in viewing the virtual session on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 3:45 5:45 pm Eastern, please contact Allison Ware in the AAEA Business Office.
ABOUT AAEA: Established in 1910, the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is the leading professional association for agricultural and applied economists, with 2,500 members in more than 60 countries. Members of the AAEA work in academic or government institutions as well as in industry and not-for-profit organizations, and engage in a variety of research, teaching, and outreach activities in the areas of agriculture, the environment, food, health, and international development. The AAEA publishes two journals, the American Journal of Agricultural Economics and Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, as well as the online magazine Choices and the online open access publication series Applied Economics Teaching Resources. To learn more, visit http://www.aaea.org.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Honeywell (HON) agrees to acquire Carrier's (CARR) Global Access Solutions business for $4.95 billion
- Rallybio Presents Natural History Study for Fetal and Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia at the 65th American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- New Data Reinforce the Benefit of Early Preventative Treatment With Genentech’s Hemlibra (emicizumab-kxwh) for Babies With Severe hemophilia A
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!