Gannett acquires 11 media organizations from Digital First Media
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Gannett Co., Inc. today announced that it has completed the acquisition of the remaining 59.36% interest in the Texas-New Mexico Newspapers Partnership that it did not own from Digital First Media. The deal was completed through the assignment of Gannett’s 19.49% interest in the California Newspapers Partnership and additional cash consideration. As a result, Gannett will own 100% of the Texas-New Mexico Newspapers Partnership and will no longer have any ownership interest in California Newspapers Partnership.
The news organizations acquired and the three states in which they reside include:
- Texas -- El Paso Times;
- New Mexico -- Alamogordo Daily News; Carlsbad Current-Argus; The Daily Times in Farmington; Deming Headlight; Las Cruces Sun-News; Silver City Sun-News;
- Pennsylvania -- Chambersburg Public Opinion; Hanover Evening Sun; Lebanon Daily News; and the York Daily Record.
“We are very pleased to welcome these well-respected media organizations to U.S. Community Publishing as we further our efforts to expand our reach as the best local media company in America for consumers and businesses,” said Robert Dickey, president of U.S. Community Publishing and CEO-designate of Gannett “SpinCo” following the separation of the company mid-2015. “There is no media company in America that knows local communities better and with USA TODAY, the company has outstanding national to local scale.”
With this acquisition, the publishing segment of Gannett provides hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products in 92 local markets throughout 33 states plus Guam, and in 16 markets in the U.K.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 115 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc.
For media inquiries, contact:
Vice President, Corporate Communications
For investor inquiries, contact:
Vice President, Investor Relations
Source: Gannett Co., Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sykes Enterprises (SYKE) to be Acquired by Sitel Group for $54 Per Share, 31% Premium
- Global & Swiss Investigations – Your Safe Friend for Safe Business & Investment – Swiss Security Solutions LLC
- OHUB Hosts 2nd Annual Juneteenth 4.0 Celebration in New Orleans, Announces OHUB x NOLA Innovation & Equity District with 1532 Tulane Partners, Equity District Podcast and New Investment Syndicate
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Related EntitiesArgus, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!