FEMSA Shareholders Approved Ps. 9,221 Million Dividend
- S&P 500 slips from record high as job growth slows
- Private Sector Employment Increased by 330,000 Jobs in July, Missing Expectations
- General Motors (GM) Misses on Profit Estimates as Bolt EV Recall Weighs on Earnings, Challenging Chip Situation and 'Cautious' Profit Outlook Pulling Shares Lower Says Analyst
- U.S. services sector index races to record high in July -ISM survey
- Softbank-Backed Zymergen (ZY) Crashes Over 70% as CEO Departs, Product Revenue Not Possible in 2021 and 'Immaterial' in 2022, At Least 6 Firms Downgrade
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MONTERREY, Mexico, March 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE: FMX) (BMV: FEMSAUBD) (“FEMSA” or “the Company”) held its Annual Ordinary General Shareholders Meeting today, during which the shareholders approved the Company’s annual report for 2017 prepared by the Chief Executive Officer, the Company’s consolidated financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2017 and the election of the Board of Directors and its Committees for 2018.
The shareholders approved the payment of a cash dividend in the amount of Ps. 9,221 million, consisting of Ps. 0.5748 per each Series "D" share and Ps. 0.4598 per each Series "B" share, which amounts to Ps. 2.7590 per "BD" Unit (BMV: FEMSAUBD) or Ps. 27.590 per ADS (NYSE: FMX), and Ps. 2.2991 per "B" Unit (BMV: FEMSA.B). The dividend payment will be split in two equal payments, payable on May 4, 2018 and November 6, 2018. In addition, the shareholders established the amount of Ps. 7,000 million as the maximum amount that could potentially be used for the Company’s share repurchase program during 2018.
About FEMSAFEMSA is a leading company that participates in the beverage industry through Coca-Cola FEMSA, the largest franchise bottler of Coca-Cola products in the world by volume; and in the beer industry, through its ownership of the second largest equity stake in Heineken, one of the world's leading brewers with operations in over 70 countries. In the retail industry it participates through FEMSA Comercio, comprising a Retail Division operating various small-format store chains including OXXO, a Fuel Division, operating the OXXO GAS chain of retail service stations, and a Health Division, which includes drugstores and related operations. Additionally, through its Strategic Businesses unit, it provides logistics, point-of-sale refrigeration solutions and plastics solutions to FEMSA's business units and third-party clients.
Media Contact (52) 555-249-6843 email@example.com www.femsa.com Investor Contact (52) 818-328-6167 firstname.lastname@example.org www.femsa.com/inversionistaSource: Fomento Economico Mexicano
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fomento Economico Mexicano (FMX) PT Raised to $90 at Barclays
- Gentex Corp (GNTX) Declares $0.12 Quarterly Dividend; Approves 25M Share Buyback
- Knights of Columbus Recognizes Family of the Year, Local Councils for Outstanding Service Contributions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!