FEMSA Announces Successful Issuance in Euro Bond Market
- S&P 500 ends off day's lows; Powell says Fed still a ways away from rate hikes
- Facebook (FB) Tops Q2 EPS by 59c, DAUs were 1.91 billion on average
- Robinhood (HOOD) IPO Prices at $38, Low End of Range
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c, Guidance Misses
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Crushes Q2 Expectations to Send Shares Higher as Search and YouTube Excel, Attracts a New Street-High Price Target
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MONTERREY, MEXICO -- (Marketwired) -- 03/18/16 -- Fomento Econůmico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. ("FEMSA") (NYSE: FMX) (BMV: FEMSAUBD) (BMV: FEMSAUB) announced the placement of Euro-denominated notes in the international capital markets.
FEMSA successfully issued EUR $1,000 million in 7-year senior unsecured notes at a spread of 155 basis points over the relevant benchmark mid-swap, for a total yield of 1.824%.
This issuance received credit ratings of A- from Standard & Poor's and A from Fitch Ratings.
The proceeds from this issuance will be used for general corporate purposes, improving FEMSA's cost of debt. FEMSA has again increased its financial flexibility under extremely favorable conditions in order to continue to advance its long-term growth strategy.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities, nor shall there be any sales of securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any jurisdiction.
FEMSA is a leading company that participates in the beverage industry through Coca-Cola FEMSA, the largest franchise bottler of Coca-Cola products in the world; and in the beer industry, through its ownership of the second largest equity stake in Heineken, one of the world's leading brewers with operations in over 70 countries. In the retail industry it participates through FEMSA Comercio, comprising a Retail Division operating various small-format store chains including OXXO, and a Fuel Division operating the OXXO GAS chain of retail service stations. Additionally, through its Strategic Businesses unit, it provides logistics, point-of-sale refrigeration solutions and plastics solutions to FEMSA's business units and third-party clients.
Media Contact: (52) 55-5249-6843 Email Contact www.femsa.com Investor Contact: (52) 81-8328-6167 Email Contact www.femsa.com/investor
Source: FEMSA Servicios SA de CV
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FEMSA Announces Second Quarter 2021 Results
- INVESTOR ALERT BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Class Action Lawsuits filed on behalf of ATHA, RLX, RKT Investors, Lead Plaintiff Deadlines Set
- New Report Shows 51% of Workers Who Returned to the Office Saw an Increase in Productivity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Related EntitiesFitch Ratings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!