Cybersecurity Jobs Report: Workforce Shortage to Reach 1.5 million by 2019
- US stocks mixed as Fed, CPI loom large next week
- 12 Wall Street analysts discuss Apple Vision Pro as 'hefty' price pushes shares lower
- Crypto exchange Coinbase (COIN) sinks as SEC sues for breaking US Securities rules
- Bitcoin slides to near 3-month lows after SEC sues Binance
- SEC sues Binance, Apple unveils Vision Pro headset - what's moving markets
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Menlo Park, Calif. (PRWEB) December 10, 2015
The Cybersecurity Jobs Report provides cybersecurity job market trends, statistics, notable employment activity, and resources for job seekers, employment managers, recruiters, search firms, corporate executives, engineers, consultants, and sales and marketing executives.
The report can be seen at http://www.cybersecurityventures.com/jobs
According to the report:
The cybersecruity workforce is expected to rise to 6 million (globally) by 2019, with a projected shortfall of 1.5 million;
The worldwide shortage of information security professionals is at 1 million openings, even as cyberattacks and data breaches increase each year;
More than 209,000 cybersecurity jobs in the U.S. are unfilled, and postings are up 74 percent over the past five years;
The demand for information security professionals is expected to grow by 53 percent through 2018;
There are around 1,000 top-level cybersecurity experts globally vs. a need for 10,000 to 30,000;
The top security salary is for a lead software security engineer at $233,333;
By 2018, fully 75 percent of chief security officers (CSO) and chief information security officers (CISOs) will report directly to the CEO, not the CIO. This will arguably push those positions higher up in to the salary stratosphere;
Careers in information security analysis are growing at a rate of 36.5 percent through 2022;
Men are five times more likely than women to consider careers in cybersecurity.
Cybersecurity Ventures cites statistics and sources in the full report, which is published at http://www.cybersecurityventures.com/jobs
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/12/prweb13125956.htm
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- THE Mining Investment Event of the North - Quebec City, June 2023 Announces THE Global Private Streaming Platform
- Tingo Group Refutes Malicious and Misleading Allegations in Hindenburg Research Report
- BNY Mellon's Pershing X Unveils Its New Wove Wealth Management Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!