American Homeowner Preservation CEO Jorge Newbery Will Participate in Panel at the Global Real Estate Crowdfunding & Regulation A+ Conference on June 25 in New York City
- Wall Street ends volatile week higher as Fed officials ease bank fears
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- World stocks gyrate as bank contagion fears bite
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) May 31, 2015
American Homeowner Preservation ("AHP") founder and CEO Jorge Newbery will be a panelist at the Global Real Estate Crowdfunding & Regulation A+ Conference on Thursday, June 25 in New York City, NY. Other participants include Adam Hooper or RealCrowd, attorney Scott Anderson and Scott Purcell of Fund America. The event is hosted by David Drake, Chairman of The Soho Loft Group, which is co-producing the event with Funding Post. This is the part of a series of conferences that interweave financial innovation with the real estate business.
The conference will convene less than a week after the Securities and Exchange Commission opens for Regulation A+ applications. Most real estate crowdfunding offerings today are restricted to the wealthiest 4% of the populace who meet accredited investor requirements: a net worth of over a million dollars or annual income of $200,000 ($300,000 for couples). However, offerings under Regulation A+ will be open to non accredited investors as well.
"American Homeowner Preservation is a populist effort," said Newbery. "Our mission is to keep families at risk of foreclosure in their homes. However, thus far, we generally have only been able to accept 'rich' investors. That's fine and we appreciate everyone's support. However, the ability to invite ordinary people who may not be financially rich but want to support our cause and earn strong returns is electrifying."
AHP intends to submit an application on June 19 to raise up to $50 million to acquire nonperforming mortgages and then offer sustainable solutions to families. The plan is to pay an 12% annual returns to investors. The minimum investment? One hundred dollars. "When we were a hedge fund in 2011, our minimum investment was $250,000. When we transitioned to raising funds online in late 2013, we dropped the minimum to $10,000. Now, we are excited to drop this once again. At $100, we can build a very broad network of investors."
As Regulation A+ is so new, this conference represents an essential forum to exchange ideas on how to maximize the success of these offerings. Panelists includes platform operators, attorneys, investors and others.
For more details and to register, visit:
To learn more about American Homeowner Preservation, visit https://ahpinvest.com or call 800-555-1055.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/05/prweb12756444.htm
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- First Republic, Deutsche Bank, Chevon, Block fall premarket; Regeneron rises
- The 2nd Aollywood Five Continents Film Festival Nominations Were Announced: "All Quiet on the Western Front" Led With 7 Nominations
- ROSEN, NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS, Encourages SVB Financial Group Investors to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in Securities Class Action Filed by the Firm – SIVB
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Related EntitiesHedge Funds, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!