Young Investors Challenge Announces its Unprecedented Investment Competition
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
A Free Investment Competition for Teenagers in Canada and the US with $10,000 in Prizes
MONTREAL, Dec. 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ - The Young Investors Challenge is pleased to announce its free online investment competition for 13- to 19-year-olds in Canada and the United States launching on January 4, 2021. Using an innovative web and mobile platform developed by three 18-year-old students, participants will have the opportunity to compete for $10,000 worth of cash and prizes risk-free.
Teenagers will have access to a virtual paper portfolio of $100,000 to invest in S&P 500® stocks and ETFs, including Apple (NASD: AAPL), Microsoft (NASD: MSFT), Facebook (NASD: FB), Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.A; BRK.B), and Tesla (NASD: TSLA). Participants will compete in challenges focused on portfolio performance and strategy development and will be judged by industry professionals and leaders from prominent organizations in investment banking, wealth management and financial services.
"In this day and age, financial literacy has become crucial for the youth. Our organization focuses on promoting saving and investment practises amongst the younger generation. With the platform we have created for the Challenge, teens will be able to learn the art of finance in a fun and engaging way," said founders Charles Frédette, Philip Becker and Ryan Dollinger, CEGEP students from Marianopolis College and the Collégial Sainte-Anne.
About the Young Investors Challenge: Founded in 2020, the Young Investors Challenge is a registered Canadian not-for-profit corporation spearheaded by Charles Frédette, Philip Becker and Ryan Dollinger. The organization is backed and funded by the National Bank of Canada, DZD Hardwood, RisingYouth, the Government of Canada, IEX Cloud, and Collège Sainte-Anne.
SOURCE Young Investors Challenge
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New Meta-Analysis of Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome Shows Nearly Half of Recurrent Major Adverse Cardiovascular Events at One Year Occur Within the First 90 Days
- U.S. Press Leaders Urge Israel to Halt Strikes on Media Facilities
- AdvanceTC Limited Releases Investor Guide with Q&A
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesWarren Buffett, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!