Viking Therapeutics to Present at H.C. Wainwright BioConnect 2021 Conference
- S&P 500, Dow subdued on virus woes, slowing economy
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil slumps 4% on concerns over demand and OPEC supply boost
- ON Semiconductor (ON) Surges on Strong Q2 Results and Q3 Outlook
- Dollar wavers on dovish Fed tone, mixed economic outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SAN DIEGO, Jan. 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Viking Therapeutics, Inc. ("Viking") (NASDAQ: VKTX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel therapies for metabolic and endocrine disorders, today announced that its chief executive officer, Brian Lian, Ph.D., will deliver a corporate presentation as part of the H.C. Wainwright BioConnect 2021 Conference. The conference, which will take place January 11-14, 2021, is being conducted with a virtual format.
Details for this presentation are as follows:
- H.C. Wainwright BioConnect 2021 ConferenceConference Dates: January 11-14, 2021Presentation Timing: Available online upon start of conference on Monday, January 11, 2021Format: Virtual conference; webcast available
A webcast of the H.C. Wainwright presentation may be accessed via a link on the Viking Therapeutics website in the Investors & Media section under Webcasts. The webcast will be available on the Viking website once the conference gets underway on January 11, 2021.
About Viking Therapeutics, Inc.
Viking Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel, orally available, first-in-class or best-in-class therapies for the treatment of metabolic and endocrine disorders. Viking's research and development activities leverage its expertise in metabolism to develop innovative therapeutics designed to improve patients' lives. The company's clinical programs include VK2809, a novel, orally available, small molecule selective thyroid hormone receptor beta agonist for the treatment of lipid and metabolic disorders, which is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2b study for the treatment of biopsy-confirmed non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and fibrosis. In a Phase 2 trial for the treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and elevated LDL-C, patients who received VK2809 demonstrated statistically significant reductions in LDL-C and liver fat content compared with patients who received placebo. The company is also developing VK0214, a novel, orally available, small molecule selective thyroid hormone receptor beta agonist for the potential treatment of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD). VK0214 is currently being evaluated in a Phase 1 first-in-human clinical trial. The company holds exclusive worldwide rights to a portfolio of five therapeutic programs, including those noted above, which are based on small molecules licensed from Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated.
For more information about Viking Therapeutics, please visit www.vikingtherapeutics.com. Follow Viking on Twitter @Viking_VKTX.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/viking-therapeutics-to-present-at-hc-wainwright-bioconnect-2021-conference-301201273.html
SOURCE Viking Therapeutics, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JNCCN Study Highlights Gaps in Patient Supportive Services at U.S. Cancer Centers
- Experity Ventures Completes $51.1 Million Asset Backed Securitization Transaction
- Cook & Boardman Acquires JDS, Inc.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesTwitter, H.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!