Viking Therapeutics to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 24, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Viking Therapeutics, Inc. ("Viking") (NASDAQ: VKTX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel therapies for metabolic and endocrine disorders, today announced that the company will participate in four upcoming investor conferences.
Details of the company's participation are as follows:
- Raymond James 41st Annual Institutional Investors ConferenceDetails: Viking management will deliver a corporate presentation and participate in 1-on-1 meetingsTime/Date: 9:15 a.m. Eastern on Monday, March 2, 2020 Location: JW Marriott Grande Lakes, Orlando, FL
- Cowen and Company 40th Annual Health Care ConferenceDetails: Viking management will deliver a corporate presentation and participate in 1-on-1 meetings Time/Date: 9:20 a.m. Eastern on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 Location: Boston Marriott Copley Place
- 32nd Annual ROTH ConferenceDetails: Viking management will deliver a corporate presentation and participate in 1-on-1 meetingsTime/Date: 10:00 a.m. Pacific on Monday, March 16, 2020 Location: Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel, Dana Point, CA
- Oppenheimer 30th Annual Healthcare ConferenceDetails: Viking management will deliver a corporate presentation and participate in 1-on-1 meetings (webcast available)Time/Date: 8:00 a.m. Eastern on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 Location: InterContinental New York Barclay
To access the live webcast of the Oppenheimer presentation, please visit "Webcasts & Presentations" within the News & Events section of Viking's Investors page at www.vikingtherapeutics.com. Additionally, a replay of the webcast will be available on the Viking website following the conference.
About Viking Therapeutics, Inc.
Viking Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel, orally available, first-in-class or best-in-class therapies for the treatment of metabolic and endocrine disorders. Viking's research and development activities leverage its expertise in metabolism to develop innovative therapeutics designed to improve patients' lives. The company's clinical programs include VK2809, a novel, orally available, small molecule selective thyroid hormone receptor beta agonist for the treatment of lipid and metabolic disorders, including NASH. In a Phase 2 trial for the treatment of NAFLD and elevated LDL-C, patients who received VK2809 demonstrated statistically significant reductions in LDL-C and liver fat content compared with patients who received placebo. The company is also developing VK0214, a novel, orally available, small molecule selective thyroid hormone receptor beta agonist for the treatment of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD).
Viking's other programs include VK5211, an orally available, non-steroidal selective androgen receptor modulator. In a Phase 2 trial in patients recovering from hip fracture, patients who received VK5211 experienced significant improvements in measures of lean body mass compared with patients who received placebo. Other programs also include VK0612, a first-in-class, orally available drug candidate in Phase 2 development for the treatment of type 2 diabetes as well as two earlier-stage programs targeting metabolic diseases and anemia. The company holds exclusive worldwide rights to a portfolio of five therapeutic programs, including those noted above, which are based on small molecules licensed from Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated.
Follow Viking on Twitter @Viking_VKTX.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/viking-therapeutics-to-participate-in-upcoming-investor-conferences-301009579.html
SOURCE Viking Therapeutics, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Guangdong's Shunde celebrates its Talents' Day and pools global talents
- JEITO CAPITAL BECOMES A KEY PLAYER IN THE FINANCING OF LIFE SCIENCES IN EUROPE WITH THE CLOSING OF JEITO I AT €534 MILLION ($630 MILLION)
- Start of Day Message
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesRaymond James, Twitter, Cowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!