Jubilant Therapeutics Presents Preclinical Data on its Brain Penetrant PRMT5 Inhibitor and Small Molecule PD-L1 Inhibitor at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2021
- Wall Street closes lower as inflation fears prompt tech sell-off
- Dogecoin Sees 'Sell the News' Reaction to Musk's SNL Appearance, as 'Hustle' Comment is Weighed Against Launch 'To the Moon'
- Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) Downgraded to 'Neutral' at Citi as Decelerating Growth Is Not Bullish for Multiples
- Elliott Management has stake in Duke Energy (DUK) - WSJ
- Ethereum (ETH) Soars Above $4,000 to Print Fresh Record Highs
- JBI-778, a brain penetrant PRMT5 inhibitor demonstrated significant tumor growth inhibition in glioblastoma in addition to its activity against a number of other cancers - JBI-1527, a potent, selective oral inhibitor of PD-L1 exhibited T-cell restoration and immune-mediated tumor growth suppression - Data support the further development of PRMT5 inhibitor JBI-778 and PD-L1 inhibitor JBI-1527 for the treatment of unmet need in oncology
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BEDMINSTER, N.J., April 10, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Jubilant Therapeutics Inc., a biopharmaceutical company advancing oral, small molecule modulators to address unmet medical needs in oncology and autoimmune diseases, today announced that preclinical data from two programs evaluating the company's PRMT5 inhibitor and PD-L1 inhibitor as anti-cancer agents, will be presented today in a poster session at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 2021 Annual Meeting taking place virtually from April 10-15, 2021.
"We are excited to announce these important data from our PRMT5 and our PD-L1 programs that show efficacy and tolerability in preclinical models," said Syed Kazmi, President and Chief Executive Officer of Jubilant Therapeutics Inc. "Our oral PRMT5 inhibitor has good plasma and sustained brain exposure which results in strong target inhibition, tumor growth delay and survival advantage in both xenografts and orthotopic brain models. Our oral anti-PDL1 immunotherapeutics, with a shorter half-life, are an attractive alternative to current intravenous antibody therapies especially in the maintenance settings with potential to limit immune-mediated toxicities and side effects via innovative dosing approaches, while maintaining the class-based wide anti-tumor efficacy. We look forward to continuing our work on these programs as we see great potential for treating multiple cancers."
A link to the e-posters, listed below, is available through the AACR website.
Title: Novel, small molecule PRMT5 inhibitors for treatment of cancer Poster Number: 1128 Date and Time: April 10, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) Session Title: Epigenetic Targets Presenter: Dhanalakshmi Sivanandhan, et al.
Title: Novel, small molecule inhibitors of PD-L1/PD-1 interaction Poster Number: 1630 Date and Time: April 10, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) Session Title: Immune Checkpoints Presenter: Dhanalakshmi Sivanandhan, et al.
PRMT5 over-expression, shown in several cancers including lymphoid, lung, breast, glioblastoma, gastric etc., is thought to be an important factor in its tumorigenicity due to its repressive function on tumor suppressor gene expression. Key highlights from an evaluation which examined the tumor growth inhibition of PRMT5 inhibitor JBI-778 in multiple cancer cell lines as well as glioblastoma, include the following:
- JBI-778 is a potent PRMT5 inhibitor that is selective against other PRMTs;
- JBI-778 shows potent anti-proliferative activity against a number of cancers;
- This oral small molecule demonstrated anti-tumor efficacy in a Mantle Cell lymphoma model with an ED50 of
- JBI-778 exhibited sustained brain exposure and significant tumor growth inhibition in an orthotopic glioblastoma model, translating into substantial survival advantage.
JBI-778 is currently being evaluated for the treatment of multiple cancers and IND-enabling studies have commenced.
PD-L1 expression is an immune evasion mechanism exploited by many cancers, such as melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer and breast cancer, which permits cancer progression and metastasis. Key highlights from the PD-L1/PD-1 study which examined the ability of JBI-1527 to inhibit PD-L1 and restore T-cell proliferation and function, include the following:
- JBI-1527 is a potent, selective inhibitor of PD-L1 which induces dimerization of the protein thereby alleviating PD-L1-induced suppression of T cell activation;
- The inhibitor shows similar modulation of cytokines as Pembrolizumab in BioMAP assay and competes with anti-PD-L1 blocking antibody suggesting similar binding site on PD-L1; and
- In CT-26 and MC38-hPD-L1 syngeneic models, the small molecule showed strong tumor growth inhibition comparable to anti-PD-L1 mAb/Atezolizumab, and was well tolerated.
Studies to further assess JBI-1527 and additional compounds are underway.
Jubilant Therapeutics Inc. is developing a pipeline of novel, differentiated therapeutic assets; for partnership opportunity inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Jubilant Therapeutics
Jubilant Therapeutics Inc. is a patient-centric biopharmaceutical company advancing potent and selective small molecule modulators to address unmet medical needs in oncology and autoimmune diseases. Its advanced discovery engine integrates structure-based design and computational algorithms to discover and develop novel, precision therapeutics against both first-in-class and validated but intractable targets in genetically-defined patient populations. The Company's entrepreneurial-minded leadership and scientific teams strive for speed and efficiency by employing a business model that leverages the proven and synergistic capabilities of Jubilant Pharmova Limited's value chain and shared services. Jubilant Therapeutics is headquartered in the U.S. and guided by globally renowned key opinion leaders and scientific advisory board members. For more information, please visit www.jubilanttx.com or follow us on Twitter @JubilantTx and LinkedIn.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jubilant-therapeutics-presents-preclinical-data-on-its-brain-penetrant-prmt5-inhibitor-and-small-molecule-pd-l1-inhibitor-at-the-american-association-for-cancer-research-aacr-annual-meeting-2021-301266177.html
SOURCE Jubilant Therapeutics Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mindshare Named Campaign Global Network of the Year
- Sagicor Financial Company Ltd. Announces Virtual Meeting of Shareholders and Availability of 2020 Management Information Circular, Annual Report and Annual Information Form
- AeroFarms Announces Filing of a Registration Statement on SEC Form S-4 in Connection with its Proposed Business Combination with Spring Valley Acquisition Corp.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!