Huami Unveils The Amazfit X - A New Concept Product
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The product launch event "Intelligent Movement" brought us Amazfit's new curved screen technology for its concept product the Amazfit X.
Highlights:1. Amazfit presents a new HD curved screen concept product.2. Screen has 326ppi resolution and 100% NTSC color saturation.3. Amazfit X to be launched on 2020.
BERLIN, Sept. 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Huami (NYSE: HMI), a US-listed tech company, had an incredibly successful product launch event this year at IFA in Berlin. After its international debut at the MWC this year, the company presented the Amazfit X concept product in Berlin.
Amazfit X: 92° Flexible Curved Screen | 326ppi HD Resolution | 430nits Brightness | 100% NTSC High Color Saturation | 2.07" AMOLED Display | 7-day Curved Lithium Battery | Full Metal Body
Although this product won't be launched until 2020, Mr. Wang Huang, Huami's founder, chairman and CEO, explained what the product would look like, and some technical specifications like the 92° Flexible Curved Screen. This new 2.07-inch curved screen, which is currently being tested, has shown stunning in-lab results like 100% NTSC color saturation and screen brightness of 430 nit.
The 326ppi HD resolution screen also comes with a curved lithium battery and a 3-section motherboard which is connected through FPC to fit the curved body of the watch. The technology and process to bend the glass is so complex, that it must be heated to 700°C. On top of that, this watch will not have any physical buttons in it to create a one-piece smooth body; instead, it will be equipped with hidden pressure-sensitive buttons that respond to touch.
Finally, the 220mAh battery of the device will last around 7 days[¹]. The curved body will fit the wrist in a much more comfortable position. The curvature also provides a bigger screen, around 244% larger display than other wearable devices with similar sizes, allowing the user to browse through more information.
More of the Amazfit X features and functions will be available in the future once the product is closer to its launch.
Definitely a new wearable that many will be looking for in 2020.
 Based on lab tests. Battery life varies according to use.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IMBRUVICA® (ibrutinib) Plus VENCLEXTA®/VENCLYXTO® (venetoclax) Combination Shows Superior Progression-Free Survival Compared to Chlorambucil Plus Obinutuzumab in First-line Chronic Lymphocytic Leuk
- European Hematology Association - Pegcetacoplan Maintains a Durable Response in Patients with Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria Through Week 48
- New Phase 3 Study Results Show IMBRUVICA® (ibrutinib)-Based Combination Regimen as an All-Oral Fixed-Duration Treatment Demonstrated Superior Progression-Free Survival in Adult Patients with Previous
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!