CP donates $100,000 to Canadian Red Cross to support recovery efforts in B.C., will match employee donations until end of year
- Dow leads Wall Street higher with 2% gain; cyclicals in vanguard
- Kohl's (KSS) Stock Tick Higher as Activist Investor Engine Capital Urges Board to Consider Sale
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Remains Below $50,000 After Weekend Selloff, Analyst Expects a 'Hard Month'
- EV Rivian (RIVN) Shares Dip as Street Starts New Coverage With Mixed Ratings, Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Initiate at Neutral Citing Lofty Valuation
- Dollar up against safe havens as risk sentiment improves on Omicron news
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
CALGARY, AB, Nov. 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ - Canadian Pacific (TSX: CP) (NYSE: CP) announced today that it will donate $100,000 to the Canadian Red Cross to support the 2021 British Columbia Floods and Extreme Weather appeal.
"While working tirelessly to restore our rail network, we have never lost sight of the impact this disaster is having on the people who call B.C. home," said Keith Creel, CP President and Chief Executive Officer. "We hope that this contribution will support the Canadian Red Cross efforts to aid residents in immediate need of shelter, food and other essentials in wake of this disaster and help residents as they rebuild."
Additionally, CP will match employee donations made to the Canadian Red Cross in support of disaster relief in the province, and encourages employees in Canada and the United States to continue donating to help residents.
Since the Nov. 14 rain storms, CP teams also have helped organize food delivery to the Spuzzum First Nation, secured 10 portable generators to be delivered to the Cooks Ferry First Nation and arranged meals, milk and baby formula for the Boston Bar Food Bank.
About Canadian Pacific Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cp-donates-100-000-to-canadian-red-cross-to-support-recovery-efforts-in-bc-will-match-employee-donations-until-end-of-year-301430870.html
SOURCE Canadian Pacific
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cisco to Host 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting of Stockholders
- ASUR Announces Total Passenger Traffic for November 2021
- Immune Deficiency Foundation Names Jorey Berry as President & CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!