Sycamore Partners Completes Acquisition Staples (SPLS)
- Dow ends at record high after upbeat jobless claims report
- PayPal (PYPL) Gains After Topping Q1 and Guidance Expectations, Crypto Seen as a Key Growth Driver Going Forward
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
- Fed's Kaplan wants taper talk 'sooner rather than later'
- U.S. weekly jobless claims drop below 500,000; layoffs lowest since 2000
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Sycamore Partners today announced that it has completed its acquisition of Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS).
"We are pleased to have completed this transaction and look forward to partnering with CEO Shira Goodman and the Staples management team as we seek to increase long-term profitability," said Stefan Kaluzny, Managing Director of Sycamore Partners. “With the support of its dedicated associates, Staples is well-positioned to leverage its iconic brand and leading competitive position to drive even greater value for its business-to-business and retail customers in the U.S. and Canada.”
“We are excited about the tremendous opportunities ahead for the Company and our talented associates,” said Shira Goodman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Staples, Inc. “We look forward to benefitting from Sycamore Partners’ retail and wholesale experience as we work together to deliver exceptional products, services and expertise that enable businesses to work better.”
As a result of the completion of the merger, the common stock of Staples will no longer be listed for trading on Nasdaq.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genius Sports Group (GENI) Acquires Second Spectrum
- Trinseo (TSE) Tops Q1 EPS by 82c, Revenues Beat
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Downgrades VEREIT (VER) to Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!