Illumina (ILMN) to Acquire LIMS Platform Developer GenoLogics
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN) has signed a definitive agreement to acquire GenoLogics Life Sciences Software, a developer of industry-leading laboratory information management systems (LIMS) for life sciences organizations. The acquisition strengthens Illumina’s industry leading portfolio of genetic analysis solutions.
"The acquisition of GenoLogics demonstrates Illumina's commitment to drive the adoption of sequencing in new markets and improve the genomic information workflow," said Francis deSouza, President of Illumina. "Adding GenoLogics’ products to Illumina’s portfolio is another example of our continued commitment to bring innovative sample-to-answer solutions to research and clinical labs.”
Adopted by over 120 genomic labs worldwide, GenoLogics’ Clarity LIMS™ software enables lab efficiencies and improved sample throughput with increased accuracy, fast turnaround, sample traceability, and preconfigured instrument integrations. GenoLogics has a number of current partnerships with Illumina, including the recently launched Clarity LIMS X, an edition of its industry-leading laboratory informatics platform that is optimized for use with Illumina SeqLab to address population-scale genomics workflows.
“We are excited to join Illumina and carry on the innovative spirit that GenoLogics Life Sciences Software has been known for,” said Michael Ball, CEO of GenoLogics. “Illumina and GenoLogics have had a longstanding partnership and this acquisition will enable us to widen our distribution, accelerate our product development, and provide even greater support to the Clarity LIMS community.”
GenoLogics will become part of the Illumina Enterprise Informatics business under the leadership of Sanjay Chikarmane, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Enterprise Informatics.
The impact of this transaction was contemplated in the updated 2015 financial guidance Illumina provided on July 21, 2015. The acquisition is expected to close by the end of August.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- Inspirato Said in Talks to Merge with Thayer Ventures Acquisition (TVAC) - Bloomberg (Earlier)
- Inotiv (NOTV) to Purchase Bolder BioPATH, Inc.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!