Elon Musk calls for a carbon tax
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - May 13, 2021 5:11 PM EDT)
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk called for a carbon tax Thursday.
"It is high time there was a carbon tax!," Musk tweeted to his millions of followers.
Musk added, "To be clear, I strongly believe in crypto, but it can’t drive a massive increase in fossil fuel use, especially coal."
Musk shook the cryptocurrency market Wednesday evening after saying the EV maker would stop accepting Bitcoin payments for their vehicles amid the high fossil fuel usage used in Bitcoin mining.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk says massive increase in Supercharger network is underway
- Tesla's (TSLA) new yoke steering wheel looks super awkward to use in first drives - electrek
- Bitcoin-Related Stocks Gain as Bitcoin Rises Back Above $40K
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments
Related EntitiesTesla, Bitcoin
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!