ViacomCBS names MTV executive as streaming unit's programming head
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
FILE PHOTO: ViacomCBS headquarters is pictured in New York, New York, U.S. December 5, 2019. REUTERS/Kate Munsch
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
By Helen Coster
(Reuters) -ViacomCBS Inc said on Wednesday it has appointed MTV Entertainment Group executive Tanya Giles as chief programming officer for its streaming division, part of a reorganization of senior management that formalizes the company's direct-to-consumer business as core to everyone's job.
As part of the new structure, ViacomCBS’ global content leaders for brands such as Paramount Pictures and Showtime Networks now oversee their respective genres within the Paramount+ streaming service.
Similar restructurings around streaming have occurred across other media companies including Walt Disney Co and Comcast Corp -owned NBCUniversal.
ViacomCBS announced a previous reorganization in October, ahead of the launch of Paramount+.
(Reporting by Helen Coster in New York and Nivedita Balu in Bengaluru; Editing by Arun Koyyur and David Gregorio)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- comScore (SCOR) CFO to Depart
- Judge grants U.S. FTC more time to file amended complaint against Facebook
- GM, Cruise demand Ford drop 'BlueCruise' name for hands-free driving
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!