MagnaChip (MX) Said it Needs Korean Approval for Wise Road Merger
- S&P 500 nears record high on stimulus hopes, strong earnings
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil prices hit by concern over Chinese economy and higher supply
- ON Semiconductor (ON) Surges on Strong Q2 Results and Q3 Outlook
- Dollar down again as dovish Fed tone prevails ahead of data
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MagnaChip (NYSE: MX) is down 5% in pre-open trade after disclosing it needs Korean approval for the Wise Road Capital merger.
From the filing:
June 16, 2021, Magnachip Semiconductor, Ltd., the Korean operating subsidiary of the Company (“MSK”), received a letter from the Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (“MOTIE”) requesting MSK to either apply for an approval or file a report, as may be applicable, under Article 11-2 of the Act on Prevention of Divulgence and Protection of Industrial Technology (the “ITA”) concerning the Merger.
Under the terms of the Merger Agreement, MSK’s receipt of the request from MOTIE to apply for approval or file a report pursuant to the ITA concerning the Merger may be deemed to have resulted in the closing of the Merger now being conditioned on the receipt of MOTIE’s authorization without the imposition of a burdensome condition as defined in the Merger Agreement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Philip Morris (PM)/Altria Group (MO) Could Revisit Merger Talks - Morgan Stanley
- Paysafe Limited (PSFE) Acquires PagoEfectivo
- Cornerstone Building Brands (CNR) to Acquire Cascade Windows for $245M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!