Tariff impact has been 'explosive' but necessary as China tariff looms
Investing.com -- President Donald Trump on Tuesday acknowledged that the tariff impact has been "somewhat explosive" but said they were generating money for the country "at a level we've never seen before."
"The money is pouring in at a level we've never seen before," Trump said, adding that the US government is taking in about $2 billion a day in tariff revenue.
The remarks come just ahead of additional tariffs on China due midnight Tuesday that will push the total levies on Beijing to 104%.
The Trump administration had already planned to hike tariffs on China by 34% as part of Trump’s “reciprocal” tariffs package. But the president proposed another 50% after China failed to withdraw its promise to impose 34% retaliatory tariffs on US goods by noon Tuesday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Investing.com’s stocks of the week
- Citadel unwinds 80% of Aschenbrenner’s portfolio risk - report
- North Korea dismisses US military drill cuts, denies Trump talks
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
InvestingSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share