Midday movers: Activision Blizzard, Deutsche Bank, Scholastic and more
- Wall St set for muted open as investors weigh chances of June rate pause
- The 'p-AI-n trade': Citi 'fundamentally confident' in its year-end S&P 500 target of 4000
- Oil prices surge after Saudi pledges more supply cuts
- Shares steady on June hike hiatus hopes
- Apple (AAPL) nears record highs as analysts boost stock targets into the MR launch
Get Alerts ATVI Hot Sheet
Overall Analyst Rating:
BUY (= Flat)
Dividend Yield: 0.8%
Revenue Growth %: +20.3%
Join SI Premium – FREE
By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Stocks cut some of their earlier losses but investors continued to express concern about the banking system. Here are the midday movers for March 24.
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) shares rose 5% after the U.K. regulatory authorities narrowed the scope of their competition review of the game maker's acquisition by Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT). The regulators aren't worried about the deal's effect on the game console market but are still reviewing cloud gaming.
- Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE: DB) shares were down 5% but off their lows amid concerns about the banking system. Other large bank stocks were also down, including JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM), down 2.2%; Citigroup (NYSE: C), down 2.3%; and Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC), down 2.5%.
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) shares were down 22% after the children's publishing and media company reported a fiscal third quarter loss that was bigger than one year ago and provided a disappointing outlook.
- Nelnet, Inc. (NYSE: NNI) shares were down 1.6% after the federal student loan servicer said a revised government contract would cut into its price per borrower. It announced it would lay off more than 500 workers.
Torrid Holdings Inc. (NYSE: CURV) shares rose 23.1% after the clothing retailer reported fourth quarter revenue that beat expectations. The company also reported a narrower loss in the holiday quarter compared with a year earlier.
You May Also Be Interested In
- KKR near $1.6 billion deal to acquire CIRCOR (CIR), including debt - WSJ
- Bowman (BWMN) Acquires MTX Surveying
- Lululemon, MongoDB and Five Below rise premarket; PagerDuty falls
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInvesting, Special Reports
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Citi, Wells Fargo, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!