Tesla (TSLA) on Watch Amid 'Fiery' Model S Crash in Indiana
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) shares are trading higher amid news of a crash in Indianapolis, Indiana, early this morning. According to the report, two passengers were killed when a Tesla vehicle hit a tree and then burst into flames. The report didn't name the specific car, but footage indicates that it was a Model S.
Local station WTHR noted a quote from Indianapolis Fire Department Chief Rita Reith:
There's a lot of volatility in those batteries when they're exposed unnecessarily ... They are pretty well-contained until they get into something like this where the impact literally made the car just completely blow apart.
For more from the report, click here. Shares of Tesla are up 1.6 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) option implied volatility decreases
- Bitcoin Falls Below $47,000
- New Tweet From Elon Musk Sends Dogecoin (DOGE) 30% Higher
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!