Ratings Not So Sweet for CNBC After Money Honey Leaves
- Wall Street rallies, snaps longest weekly losing streak in decades
- 'Always Bet on Michael': Dell (DELL) Stock Soars After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Say Results are Impressive
- Credit Suisse Says Tesla (TSLA) Stock Offers an Attractive Entry Point, Sees Nearly 60% Upside From Here
- Citi Downgrades US Equities to Neutral on Recession Risk
- Elon Musk Says Recession Could Last 12 to 18 Months, But 'Actually a Good Thing'
It has been widely reported that CNBC ratings are in the toilet despite a record stock market. Now new data shows that things have taken a turn for the worse after the beloved Money Honey, Maria Bartiromo, moved over to Fox Business Networks.
Data from Nielsen showed that CNBC's Closing Bell, the show Bartiromo used to anchor, is having its lowest rated quarter ever in both total viewers and the coveted advertiser friendly demo of persons aged 25-54. In addition, the show is down 20% in both total viewers and the demo vs. 3Q last year when Maria was the anchor.
In the 3-4 pm hour, Closing Bell had just 165,000 viewers in third quarter of 2014, versus 214,000 in the third quarter of last year (-23%). In the key demo it had only 29,000 viewers during that hour, versus 36,000 in last year's third quarter (-19%).
In the 4-5 pm hour, Closing Bell had just 151,000 viewers in third quarter of 2014, versus 188,000 in the third quarter of last year (-20%). In the key demo it had only 24,000 viewers during that hour, versus 31,000 in last year's third quarter (-23%).
In addition to poor ratings for Closing Bell, CNBC's full business day (9:30am-5pm) is having its lowest ratings since 1992 in the key demo.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog
Related EntitiesMaria Bartiromo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!